In the Calvary family, everyone’s a minister. Calvary has dozens and dozens of ways you can use your experiences and abilities to make a significant contribution to our ministry. If you have not already picked up a copy of our 2011-2012 Minis-try Directory, please do so today from the Information Center. In that you will find 80 plus pages of ways you can make a difference by serving in your “Sweet Spot.” Here is just a sampling of the ways you can fill the spot designed just for you:
Coffee Connection +
Coffee Connection is looking for a few more people to work in the kitchen serving hot coffee and fresh pastries on Sunday morning. Contact Connie at 252-8289 or email@example.com for information.
Worship & Arts +
Interest in serving in the Worship Ministry? There are many needs and opportunities:
Join the Worship Team. We need you! Singers, guitar and keyboard players, drummers... "O magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together!" Contact Dan Limkeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-282-4612.
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:15 pm. Childcare Provided. The Worship Chorale is looking for singers. Formal musical background or training is not required. The ability to read music is helpful but not necessary. We ask only that you be able to match pitch and have a heart for music ministry. Email Dan at email@example.com.
Other Worship Ministries Opportunities
- Children's Choir Leadership - Your contact is Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children's Worship Bulletin - Helping families with young children engage in worship together. Your contact is Erica at email@example.com.
- Communion Preparation - Your contact is Pastor Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drama Ministry - Contact Pastor Dan at email@example.com.
- Flowers/Decorations Team - Your contact is Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music Ministry - Worship Team, Worship Chorale, Instruments (including keyboard, guitars, drums/percussion, strings, brass and woodwinds). Your contact is Pastor Dan at email@example.com.
- Prayer Ministry - Contact Marion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical Arts Team - Sound, Projection, Lighting and Video support needed. Your contact is Joel at email@example.com.
- Ushering Team - Men and women, teens and adults, are welcome to serve. Contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visual Arts Team - Contact Pastor Dan at email@example.com.
- Worship Dance - Your contact is Ginger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infant, Toddler and Pre-school Ministries +
Do you love babies and helping foster a safe place where the thirst for God in a baby or toddler can grow, while the hunger for God in parents is satisfied? Your contact is Amy Bowers at email@example.com
Children's Ministries (Elementary Age) +
Are you good with children? Are you interested in teaching Sunday school or helping with sports ministries? Your contact is Pastor Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers and Assistant Teachers: teachers, assistants, and substitutes are needed for grades K-5. Training, supplies and substitutes are provided.
- Awana: we can use people to listen to verses, substitute for leaders and helpers, and occasionally help for special events. Contact Amy Bowers at email@example.com
Student Ministries +
Does it excite you to be a part of a lifesaving station that is rescuing, teaching, and equipping students to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ? Your contact is John Chaco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome Ministry +
Do you desire to welcome newcomers at Calvary? Singles, couples, and families can serve once a month on a Welcome Team. Your contact is Michele at email@example.com. Serve at the front doors, Information Center, or as hosts in Coffee Connection.
Do you have a passion that everyone in Rochester know Jesus and would like to help Calvary reach them? MN Adult & Teen Challenge, Camp Victory, In His Name Food Distribution, New Life Family Services, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Salvation Army, Damascus Way, Beyond the Yellow Ribbon. Contact: Julie Zuehlke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Volunteers +
Office Volunteers with administrative skills of all kinds are needed to keep our ministry humming. If you have a few hours free each week contact Pastor Tim Nelson at email@example.com.
Is your passion to teach, whether in mini-congregations, small groups, or one-on-one in a mentoring relationship? Your contact is Pastor Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Care Ministries +
Do you like to care for people in need? Are you interested in praying for and encouraging those in a crisis? Contact John Homme
Church Planting +
Are you interested in being part of Calvary's new downtown Rochester church plant called The Gathering? Contact Willie Grimm at email@example.com
Community Groups +
Do you have a conviction that big things happen in small groups and desire to lead or host those groups? Your contact is Pastor Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compassion Counseling Center +
Are you an empathetic, genuine and non-judgmental person? Compassion Counseling Center is expanding their team of lay counselors. To learn more, information sessions are available in June at selected churches. Visit www.CompassionCounseling.org or call Vicki at 484-269-8314.
Funeral Ministries +
Be part of a team serving food and decorating. Your contact is Pastor Larry at email@example.com
Men's Ministries +
Do you desire to be an active part of Men's Ministries? Contact Matt Scheckel.
Do you want to help Calvary expand our impact locally, regionally, and around the world through missions? Contact Pastor Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Roger Warndahl at email@example.com.
Women's Ministries +
Do you desire to serve in Women's Ministries? Many opportunities are available. Your contact is Ingrid Ansell