More than a Sunday School Class!
- Mini-Congregation Schedule
- What is it & What does it do?
Calvary Sunday Morning Mini-Congregations
What is a Mini-Congregation?
- A group of 15-50 people who identify and relate to each other as a community within the larger body of Calvary Church.
- An adult fellowship and enrichment group.
- A mix of ages, but normally organized by peer groups or similar life situations.
- A group that meets on Sunday mornings.
- The home base for adult individuals to feel welcomed, known and involved.
What Does a Mini-Congregation Do?
- Study the Scriptures.
- Provide opportunities for new people to find a place to belong.
- Share concerns and prayer requests.
- Provide activities and service projects to reach our city with Jesus' love.
- Provide caring opportunities to meet physical needs (e.g. meals) of the group’s members.
- Offer informal recreational and social time.
- Promote personal and spiritual growth.
Which one is right for me?
Calvary Community +
Seeks to familiarize Calvary attenders with ministries and programs here at our church. It provides a focus point for fellowship, discipleship, and service. There are opportunities to explore new developments, to benefit from excellent speakers, and to be actively growing in your faith. Calvary Community also helps people to engage with other people and God's Word. Consider taking part in this ministry and the opportunities available at Calvary Evangelical Free Church. We meet at 9 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Contact Wendell Amstutz for more information.
Reflections meets in room 129 from 9:00 - 10:15 a.m. This a sermon-based discussion mini-congregation that is fluid. By fluid we mean we expect people to come and go on any given week. It is a great place for new attendees to get their first mini-congregation experience or long-time attendees to pop in when the topic of the pervious week's sermon is something they want to dig into much deeper. Contact Tom for more information.
Household of Faith +
Household of Faith is an inter-generational (adults & children), family based mini-congregation. Single parents and single adults are welcome. We are focused on Scripture study, character development, and transferring Bible truths to life application. We meet at 10:30 a.m. in Room 224. Contact Tom Haugen for more information.
OASIS meets at 10:30 a.m., on Sunday mornings, in the Fellowship Hall. Come and be refreshed at OASIS. A mini-congregation for people of all ages who are growing together, firmly rooted in Christ, and bearing fruit. Contact Paul Pedersen for more information.
R.O.C.K meets at 10:30 a.m. in Room 225. (Reaching Others for Christ's Kingdom) We are a family of friends, devoted to Outreach. We pray and connect with one another, during and after church. "Interactive and informal" gives us the flexibility to hear and respond to the Spirit during our time together. We have a "shared leadership" thus involving and encouraging everyone to use their gifts for the body of Christ. Leader/Facilitator - Al Derksen
Connect Group +
Come and meet other young adults over snacks and coffee! Join us for group discussion based on the previous weeks sermon topics, and socials every other month.
If you would like more information on our Connect group please contact Joshua Laack.