I. Leave the darkness behind.
A. The old “you were darkness”
B. Accept a new identity – you are light, you are in the Lord.
C. Walk as children of light.
A. Let God be your story teller.
B. Expose evil in yourself and in our world.
C. Live out your identity. You are the light, so walk in the light.
D. Let your light shine.
1) Have you ever been in a situation where you felt a darkness that was beyond anything physical –
an emotional or spiritual darkness? Tell the story.
2) Why do we need light?
3) Why does God tell us “you are light”? What does this identity mean to you?
4) What habitual ways have you found to be light? Are there patterns that work for seasons in your life? Share your story.
5) What sources of light do you have in your life spiritually? How often do you appropriate your sources of life?
6) What ways have you found to be light for others?
7) Are you familiar with Compassion International? Did you get a chance to do the Compassion Experience? What were you impressions if you did?
8) What single step of obedience will you take in light of what God is calling you to do?