Big Idea: Family-Equipping requires you to consider a new way to see your home, your children, your church, and your time.
- Can you think of a time when a significant event caused you to see everything differently? Describe the event and how it caused a change in your seeing and/or thinking.
- If you look at Mark 10 through a family-equipping lens, in what ways do you read it in a new way?
- We do not know what eventually happened with the rich young man because the text does not take us that specifically into the future. Do you think he repented or not? Why?
- Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven belongs to children “such as these.” What is it about a child that makes them worthy of imitation in regards to the receiving of the kingdom? What was he getting at there?
- What are some ways that you are currently engaging in the equipping of the next generation of faith? What are some plans you have for future engagement opportunities? Also, who are you engaging with to encourage faith into the future?
- Influencing the influencers in a child’s life is important. When you think about the adolescents in your life, who are their primarily influencers? How can you influence those influencers with the gospel through encouragement or instruction?
- On a scale from one to ten, ten being high, where would you place your sense of urgency for investing in the next generation of faith? What obstacles might make that sense of urgency decrease? What would it take for that urgency to increase?