Big Idea: God is working ahead of us to recover the original plan. Even though sin deeply damaged God’s plans and purposes, God is sovereignly working even now to realize His original designs.
I. God’s original design
A. Created to be creators
B. Bearing the image and glory of God
II. God is at work ahead of us.
A. Conformed to the image of his sons
B. Adoption and Inheritance (Acts 8:17)
C. From predestination to calling
E. Glory (II Corinthians 3:17-18)
III. How then shall we live?
A. We do our part as God does His. (Philippians 2:12-13)
B. Center yourself in what God has accomplished for you and in your identity in Christ.
C. Practice glory as you prepare for it.
D. Enter into your role as a little creator.
1) What do you like to create? What kind of creative activities do you enjoy in your leisure time (cooking, woodworking, gardening, writing, making music…)? How do you feel when you create?
2) What is the difference between naive innocence and being declared not guilty? Which is better? Why?
3) Are you more like Jesus than you were five years ago? What evidence is there in your life? In what areas have you grown the most? What area(s) of your life reflect Jesus the least?
4) Whose voice is speaking the loudest into your life right now? How much does what God says about you affect the way you see yourself?
5) How often do you experience the glory of God in this life? What could you do this week to experience the glory of God at a deeper level?
6) How would you describe your own partnership with God in your personal transformation? What is your part and what is God’s part?
7) What happens if you take too much responsibility for transformation? What happens when you take too little responsibility?