I. God is in control of when His plan unfolds.
A. God is biding his time until the culmination of His plan. (Psalm 2)
B. God raises kings and kingdoms according to His plan. (Daniel 2:21, 7:12)
II. God decides when to take the Church home.
A. God the Father alone knows. (Acts 1:6-8)
B. Christ will come back for His Bride at a time of God’s choosing. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
III. How then shall we live?
A. Focus on God’s control rather than on the thrashing of nations.
B. Live a Christ-centered life. Reunion with Him is coming.
C. Live with missional expectation of the sudden return of Christ.
1) How often do you think about Jesus coming back? Once a year, once a month, once a week, once a day? Has that changed for you during different seasons of your life?
2) How would you characterize God’s involvement in this world? Does He seem actively engaged or distant?
3) Why does God delay to take the Church out of this world?
4) What keeps God from delaying forever?
5) On a scale of one to ten, one being not urgent and ten being very urgent, how would you rate your sense of urgency to be on mission when Christ responds? Has this changed over time?
6) What is one thing you can do to increase your sustainable missional urgency?
7) Will you do it, and who will hold you accountable?