Big Idea: God’s purposes are perfected in heaven. We need this vision of our eternal future to transform our present experience; we should be actively working to close the gap in worship, knowledge and work.
I. God’s purposes are perfected.
D. Meaningful work
E. Eternal learning
II. So what?
A. Grow your desire for heaven.
B. Let your future reality transform your present experience.
C. Close the gap in worship.
D. Close the gap in knowing God and others.
E. Close the gap in meaningful work.
1) Fill in the blank: I hope we have ______ in heaven.
2) When you think of what we will be doing in heaven, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Does your vision of heaven sound so compelling to you that it makes you want to be there? Why or why not?
3) Which aspect of worship in heaven (Christ-centered, important, multi-ethnic, unified) is most like our worship now? Which aspect of worship is least like what we have right now? (Consult Revelation 5.)
4) How many hours a week do you invest in knowing others? Do you spend more energy and time on knowing others or on being known by others? Why do you think this is the case?
5) Is Rochester an easy community in which to form meaningful relationships? What has been your experience? What is Calvary like in this regard? Has Calvary been an easy place for you to know others and be known?
6) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your job satisfaction right now? (1 being “I hate it” and 10 being “I can’t wait to get there every day”). What is the biggest factor in your motivation or lack of motivation in your job?
7) How often you do eat with co-workers with the specific intention to build relationships?
Would you be willing to pray for a couple of names of people at work with whom you could start to form relationships?
8) What has been or would be your favorite job?
9) Pick one area where you are willing and able to work to close the gap between your present experience and our future reality in heaven. Why did you choose that area? And what will you do this week to start?