I. Releasing the power of prayer
A. Inverted expectations – Prayer releases great power.
B. Spirit-filled prayer around the clock
C. An Identity – an ambassador in chains
D. The duty to speak up
A. Are you ashamed of the gospel? Are you bold for Jesus?
B. Pray for words and opportunities to show and share God’s love.
C. Pray for specific people boldly. (2-2-2 Challenge)
D. What is your identity most deeply rooted in? Be Jesus’ compelled ambassador.
1) Can you share a time in your life when you felt very weak and cried out to God in prayer, and He showed up in power?
2) Have you noticed that there are seasons in life? What season of life are you in right now? As you look back, in what season of life have you experienced the deepest prayer life?
3) How do you decide how long to pray for what you pray for? What do you think it means to pray persistently?
4) What does “boldness” look like in a culture that is easily offended? Can you be bold in today’s society without being excessively offensive?
5) What does it mean to “speak as I ought to”? How ought we to speak? Who decides how we “ought” to speak?
6) What names are you prepare to pray for on a regular basis? Write them down. Who will hold you accountable?
7) Have you ever thought of yourself as an ambassador for Christ? To whom can you be an ambassador? To what group or sphere of influence are you already connected?
What group do you have deep knowledge of regarding how they think and work?