In the Calvary family, everyone’s a minister. Calvary has dozens and dozens of ways you can use your experiences and abilities to make a significant contribution to our ministry. Here is just a sampling of the ways you can make a difference in the lives of others (and in your own!)
Coffee Connection +
Coffee Connection is looking for a few more people to work in the kitchen serving hot coffee and fresh pastries on Sunday morning. Contact Connie at 252-8289 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Worship & Arts +
Interest in serving in the Worship Ministry? There are many needs and opportunities:
Join the Worship Team. We need you! Singers, guitar and keyboard players, drummers... "O magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together!" Contact Dan Limkeman at email@example.com or 507-282-4612.
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:15 pm. Childcare Provided. The Worship Chorale is looking for singers. Formal musical background or training is not required. The ability to read music is helpful but not necessary. We ask only that you be able to match pitch and have a heart for music ministry. Email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Worship Ministries Opportunities
- Children's Choir Leadership - Your contact is Laura at email@example.com.
- Children's Worship Bulletin - Helping families with young children engage in worship together. Your contact is Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communion Preparation - Your contact is Pastor Dan at email@example.com.
- Drama Ministry - Contact Pastor Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flowers/Decorations Team - Your contact is Angela at email@example.com.
- Music Ministry - Worship Team, Worship Chorale, Instruments (including keyboard, guitars, drums/percussion, strings, brass and woodwinds). Your contact is Pastor Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prayer Ministry - Contact Marion at email@example.com.
- Technical Arts Team - Sound, Projection, Lighting and Video support needed. Your contact is Joel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ushering Team - Men and women, teens and adults, are welcome to serve. Contact Dan at email@example.com.
- Visual Arts Team - Contact Pastor Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Worship Dance - Your contact is Ginger at email@example.com.
Infant, Toddler and Pre-school Ministries +
Do you love babies and helping foster a safe place where the thirst for God in a baby or toddler can grow, while the hunger for God in parents is satisfied? Your contact is Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Ministries (Elementary Age) +
Are you good with children? Are you interested in teaching Sunday school or helping with sports ministries? Your contact is Pastor Brian at email@example.com
- Teachers and Assistant Teachers: teachers, assistants, and substitutes are needed for grades K-5. Training, supplies and substitutes are provided.
- Awana: we can use people to listen to verses, substitute for leaders and helpers, and occasionally help for special events. Contact Amy Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Ministries +
Does it excite you to be a part of a lifesaving station that is rescuing, teaching, and equipping students to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ? Your contact is John Chaco at email@example.com.
Welcome Ministry +
Do you desire to welcome newcomers at Calvary? Singles, couples, and families can serve once a month on a Welcome Team. Your contact is Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Serve at the front doors, Information Center, or as hosts in Coffee Connection.
Do you have a passion that everyone in Rochester know Jesus and would like to help Calvary reach them? MN Adult & Teen Challenge, Camp Victory, In His Name Food Distribution, New Life Family Services, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Salvation Army, Damascus Way, Beyond the Yellow Ribbon. Contact: Julie Zuehlke at email@example.com.
Office Volunteers +
Office Volunteers with administrative skills of all kinds are needed to keep our ministry humming. If you have a few hours free each week contact Pastor Tim Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your passion to teach, whether in mini-congregations, small groups, or one-on-one in a mentoring relationship? Your contact is Pastor Larry at email@example.com.
Care Ministries +
Do you like to care for people in need? Are you interested in praying for and encouraging those in a crisis? Contact John Homme
Church Planting +
Are you interested in being part of Calvary's new downtown Rochester church plant called The Gathering? Contact Willie Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Groups +
Do you have a conviction that big things happen in small groups and desire to lead or host those groups? Your contact is Pastor Kevin at email@example.com.
Funeral Ministries +
Be part of a team serving food and decorating. Your contact is Pastor Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Men's Ministries +
Do you desire to be an active part of Men's Ministries? Contact Matt Scheckel.
Do you want to help Calvary expand our impact locally, regionally, and around the world through missions? Contact Pastor Kevin at email@example.com, or Roger Warndahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women's Ministries +
Do you desire to serve in Women's Ministries? Many opportunities are available. Your contact is Ingrid Ansell